Friday, July 9, 2010

Coronation

The younger sassier version of myself wanted to be Queen of the World. A naieve and optimistic cockiness that I somehow knew better and could solve the world's problems, big and small. I would even fill this out in the business name line of things like magazine subscriptions so that my mail would come to me this way. Not at all a flaming narcisscist, just a young idealist who got joy from happy mail. But now, a decade plus later into life and I no longer want that job - life has taught me a few things and God, that job sounds exhausting. And I am tired, and I can't figure out how to how to shop for groceries so that we actually have meals so I am pretty sure I am not close to qualified to run the world. It seems the older I get, the more I realize how much I don't know. The idealist college girl has grown into a mid-thirties mom and life is not what she thought it would be. In some ways better, in some ways so much harder than ever imagined. So the Queen - I am trying to find that spirit again, give it some life in this stage of life, reconnect with that vibrancy from this place. This place that has a little more wisdom, a lot more responsibility, and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment